Today we have a beef bolognese sauce from Paleo Leap. Looking for some good comfort food? This is it. And it’s easy!
Serves: 6 Prep time: 15 min Cook Time: 4 hours
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup beef stock
- 1 celery stalk, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 can tomato paste
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup pureed tomatoes
- 1 tbsp. fresh basil, finely chopped
- 1 tsp. fresh thyme leaves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook the ground beef. Stir frequently to prevent burning. Once cooked, add to slow cooker.
- Place all remaining ingredients in slow cooker and season with salt and pepper. Stir well.
- Cook on high for 3 to 4 hours.