This week we have a nice breakfast recipe. This version of the Denver Omelet comes from Paleo Leap. They have a lot of great recipes so be sure to check them out. Don’t be afraid to spice this one up if you like by adding in some spices that you like. Be sure to add some Frank’s Hot too, remember you can put that [email protected] on everything!
- 8 eggs;
- 1 cup pre-cooked ham, diced;
- 1 cup bell pepper, diced;
- 1 red onion, diced;
- 2 garlic cloves, minced;
- 1/3 cup coconut or almond milk;
- Chopped chives (to garnish);
- Cooking fat;
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper;
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Melt cooking fat in a skillet over medium heat and cook the bell pepper, onion, and garlic until soft (4 to 5 minutes).
- Add the ham to the skillet and cook another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Spread the ham-bell pepper mixture into the bottom of a baking dish.
- In a large bowl, add the eggs and milk; season with salt and pepper to taste and whisk until well combined.
- Pour the egg mixture over the ham and vegetables; bake in the oven 25 to 30 minutes.
- Serve topped with fresh chives.